Wednesday, November 27, 2013

24 Weeks! Viability

Yesterday marked 24 weeks for us! It also means I've been holding a bed down for one full month, with hopefully two and a half more months to go (not for my sake or sanity!!! We're just hoping for at least a 34 week gestation). A week ago a shortened cervix (under 2 cm) and contractions landed me in the ER. I truly believe a miracle happened that night. After a shot of terbutaline, monitoring and prayers, all cervical measurements came back above 2 cm and I was able to leave the hospital that night, sans cerclage or hospital stay. The rest of the week was uneventful and we made it to "viability," or the point at which if the babies come a hospital will implement live-saving measures for them. We also got to feel them kick for the first time and by the end of the week Baby A was kicking nonstop. He currently sits on my bladder while kicking...Thanks, kiddo! At yesterday's appointment we found that everyone has the important stuff: normal amniotic fluid levels and a working bladder, stomach, and heart. It was so great to see them! Below are a few pictures. I think it truly does take a degree and lots of imagination to actually see a baby's face and body parts from an ultrasound, but these guys are getting old enough that even I can see it. PS If you click on the pictures they should enlarge.
He may look like he's sleeping but don't be fooled
Taking it easy somewhere under my belly button
Good luck finding her sweet face
He's all boy!
To the doctor's office,  my one trip out each week.


Here she is!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the update! How awesome to be able to see progress without harassing you! So exciting to see the babies in actual pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So relieved to know you and the babes are all still well and what a wonderful bonus to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete